Please take the time to register and join our community. Registration takes about 45 seconds and once you register, all of the ads will disappear. You can also check us out on FB at X32 Rack Users. You can also view our video playlist concerning the X32 Rack here. X32 Rack Playlist

Re- Amping with Fractal Axe FX II in Reaper

Using REAPER with your PC or Mac, and no other software, you can import any audio and MIDI, synthesize, sample, compose, arrange, edit, mix, and master songs or any other audio projects. If you add a hardware audio interface and a microphone, you have a complete professional quality recording studio, suitable for recording anything from a soloist to a band to an orchestra. http://reaper.fm/about.php
DMarquez1984
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re- Amping with Fractal Axe FX II in Reaper

Post by DMarquez1984 »

Hello Everyone,

I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to re-amp a DI track in Reaper, I believe I should be able to route this DI track in Reaper thru the X-32 into my Fractal Axe FXII, and then back into Reaper to record a new re-amped track however I can't figure out how, if anyone has experience with this I'd greatly appreciate advice.

Thanks, DM 

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Re- Amping with Fractal Axe FX II in Reaper

Post by Dana »

ASAIK, you can not play and record from the same program. Most drivers for your audio device, including Reaper can't handle multiple clients. It's a common fault. You are better off using the Fractal Axe FXII like an external FX rack and using it that way. I have never been able to play and record in Reaper, but that does not mean that it can't be done.

The Only Difference Between Minor Surgery and Major Surgery Is When It Is Happening To Somebody Else!