Please take the time to register and join our community. Registration takes about 45 seconds and once you register, all of the ads will disappear. You can also check us out on FB at X32 Rack Users. You can also view our video playlist concerning the X32 Rack here. X32 Rack Playlist

I need help with this scene

Please upload your scenes here. If you are asking a question, please be as detailed as possible. If you are providing your scene as a template, please list the features your scene provides.
Niburg51
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
United States of America

I need help with this scene

Post by Niburg51 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the group. Really  just trying to find a place where I can communicate openly and get help in areas of confusion. This scene In my head started out as a rehearsal  mix (hence the name) initially then morphed into this.

1. I have my vocal cannels with EQ little bit of Compression and a lite gate to prevent signal bleed
2. I added some effects Drum verb, delay plate and Hall on vocals
3.For my live stream on Bus 1&2 "Add mix is where I build my live stream mix and send it to Cast mix Matrix
4. Bus 3 through B6 are my IEM / floor wedges

So what's the problem ? I went to load my masterpiece on the board … and nothing worked. Actually on the mics worked. But that was about it 

Need help

Neil

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: I need help with this scene

Post by Dana »

I will check it out this evening and try and get back to you. I will be on the road most of the day tomorrow.

The Only Difference Between Minor Surgery and Major Surgery Is When It Is Happening To Somebody Else!

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Dana »

Good morning. Let me know when you view this video. I also have uploaded your scene with a little modifications. Maybe we can do a Zoom call later in the week.
Rehersal Mix Dana.scn

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Only Difference Between Minor Surgery and Major Surgery Is When It Is Happening To Somebody Else!

Niburg51
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Niburg51 »

Hey Dana

Thank you for taking the time to review the scene for me .I really appreciate that. I did not try it yet but from what I saw  from your explanation  I understand what I did wrong. A couple things.

1.I'm not sure I set up the monitor mix correctly. I have IEM instead . I need to setup a stage monitor mix instead of IEMs.
 2.The ADD Mix feeds the CAST MIX. If you click Bus1 you should see what is going to the live stream
 3.The speaker 1,2 are just additional Microphone outs

I will try it and let you know.. Thank you so much

Neil

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Dana »

Your very welcome! Your setup is a little more complex then most. Please keep me in the loop as you figure this out.

Niburg51
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
United States of America

I Need Help with Reaper

Post by Niburg51 »

Hi Dana,

I just downloaded Reaper purchased the lic. as well. Now, I don't know the first thing about Reaper. I'm still trying to get this scene to work.  Someone made me a template with effects and other things in Reaper I don't have a clue. But I was wondering how to do all that. I seen where you load scenes in reaper from your x32 rack and I 'd like to know how to do that.

Neil

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Dana »

In Reaper you have what are called templates. Scenes are for the X32. You will need to setup the routing in Reaper to make it work with the X32. Just so you know it took me months of watching videos concerning Reaper to get comfortable with it. I did a video on how to setup the routing in Reaper, but I think you should be able to watch it and setup your first template. If not, we will need to do a Zoom call. Let me know. p.s. You setup stage monitors the same way you setup IEMs. The only difference is stage mons are normally in mono.