Please take the time to register and join our community. Registration takes about 45 seconds and once you register, all of the ads will disappear. You can also check us out on FB at X32 Rack Users. You can also view our video playlist concerning the X32 Rack here. X32 Rack Playlist

x32 vmix stream setup

This is where we can discuss simple setups for the Behringer X32 Rack. Don't be embarrassed, nothing is too easy to discuss and there is NEVER a dumb question. The worst thing you can do is not be honest concerning your experience. Remember, we all had to start somewhere and we are just glad you made a decision to start here!
martinius
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
Austria

x32 vmix stream setup

Post by martinius »

Hi, I am challenged to find out, how to "edit" the sound coming out of usb x32 and sent with vMix to youtube.

"edit the sound"???
Well, 
Lets say the person at the x32 mixer is not aware that the music is too loud and the audience (stream) can not realy hear somebody speaking into the mic or so...
The stream guy's would love to actively edit the mix in order to get things right for stream.!!

We use
x32 usb to a streaming Pc
There we have vmix to send to youtube.

I have seen some videos on 
reaper
Waveform
Abelton
Dante....
what would be the best solution for us??
any suggestions on a easy version for that?

martinius
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
Austria

Re: x32 vmix stream setup

Post by martinius »

... forgot to write:
all 
Cameras, Converters, Lyric Pc with ProPresenter 7 ... are on a NDI "Network".
X32 Edit is on the streaming PC and connected via USB perfectly.
> as we have a person at the mixer, it is super strange to use X32 Edit in order to change the sound mix for streaming, because 
The button and lights would change at the mixer - the moment we would "edit" on x32 edit.
Would be kind of strange for the volunteer in front of the Mixer?

So I thought we would need any other Tool to use for that purpose...

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Dana »

Good morning. There are several ways to stream audio. Regardless of which method you use, you must have a second person who is outside of the main sound system, listing to your live stream. This person would then communicate with the person running the mix for your live stream, and instruct them to either increase or decrease the volume of the stream.

Your stream will consist of three parts. The spoken word, and any singing or instruments being played. You would create one matrix and two buses.  One bus for the spoken word and one bus for the singing/musical. Normally you would have the singing bus 7 to 10dbs lower then the spoken word bus. The matrix would control the two buses and allow you to add in your house mics, that you would not use for your front of house. This is a great video on how to setup your stream.

The Only Difference Between Minor Surgery and Major Surgery Is When It Is Happening To Somebody Else!

martinius
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by martinius »

Thank you Dana for your reply!
AllamHouse is a great resource to learn! We did a number  of settings -> thanks to AllamHouse!

We do have a seperate setup/matrix to sent to the streaming PC, but it is "only" Bus 1+2.  so no editing other then +/- db with vmix.
My Idea would be to receive that matrix into a DAW with all Channels/Buses.
Out worship team uses at least 4 Mics - an the all speak sometimes prayer or blessings or prophetic words -  during worship is going on, or if the worship is "just in instrumental "mode".
So would best route all mics extra and the stereo Bus for the music mix...

Thats when I thought we could receive all inputs into a DAW and  set what every must be changed at the very moment if needed for the stream. ???

I do not know what software can 
a) get all inputs from x32
b) can edit the inputs/channels/buses 
and then
c) sent it to vmix /Obs / wirecast or such video mixer.

I CAN use x32 edit, but I would manipulate on the mixer via remote - guess not the best way.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Dana »

Good morning. Most DAWs can do what you are asking. All X32 cards are limited to 32 channels running into your DAW. The technical term for moving the faders when needed is: "Riding the Faders". It is harder then it sounds, especially when you are trying to do it while streaming. Depending on your DAW, you can route all your channels into your DAW, and then route your DAW into vmix or any other streaming software. I use Reaper and I do not give advice on other DAWs. If you are trying to run the sound FOH, run the stream and be a part of the Praise and Worship team either singing or playing a instrument, you will be fighting a uphill battle, regardless of what you use. It takes a team of dedicated volunteers to make everything come together.
The Only Difference Between Minor Surgery and Major Surgery Is When It Is Happening To Somebody Else!