Please take the time to register and join our community. Registration takes about 45 seconds and once you register, all of the ads will disappear. You can also check us out on FB at X32 Rack Users. You can also view our video playlist concerning the X32 Rack here. X32 Rack Playlist

Mix Minus for a Podcast

Please ask any questions concerning Behringer X32 Rack routing here.
Clayton2121
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
Great Britain

Mix Minus for a Podcast

Post by Clayton2121 »

Dear All,

I have an established podcast that I did in person on a small Zoom interface.

When things changed with COVID I was unable to meet people so needed something I could work with remotely.

I am sure there are easier options but I wanted the convenience and elegance of the X32 Rack as I also do my own music and that has been great so far.

However, one thing is eluding me. I cannot seem to get the mix minus situation right. I know I am nearly there but there is something that is confusing me.

The set-up is simple:
[A]-1 host microphone into channel 1
[B.]-1 External Caller coming in via iPhone via TRRS cable which is split. The "headphone" output of the phone is going into channels 3&4 and the "microphone" input is going via Aux 5&6 into Mix Bus 1 so we don't get feedback
[C]-1 external Akai MPX8 Sample player which acts as a soundboard and triggers jingles channels 5&6

The problem is this; I can hear everything via the Main L+R bus and Mix Bus1 but when the caller comes on the line we hear each other perfectly with no delays but my caller cannot hear the external Akai MPX8 Sample player on channels 5&6.

The reason why this is important is that my caller needs to be able to respond to audio cues that come from the soundboard.

In order to assist I have attached a screen [.scrn] file to this post to illustrate where I might be going wrong. Any help you guys may be able to offer would be very much appreciated

Many thanks in advance.

Clayton

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Mix Minus for a Podcast

Post by Dana »

Good morning and welcome. I have downloaded your scene and will take a look at it. I also have done mix-minuses in the past using a Alesis 8 channel sound board with aux ins. I will get back to you shortly. I did this short video on some things you can try. I will PM you my number if you want to do a practice call after you make the changes.

The Only Difference Between Minor Surgery and Major Surgery Is When It Is Happening To Somebody Else!

Clayton2121
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
Great Britain

Post by Clayton2121 »

Hi Dana,

I really do appreciate you taking the time work through this with me.

You have given me some great information and I will take that away and see where  I am going wrong.

If  I get stuck I will definitely get in touch.

Many thanks

Clayton

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Dana »

My pleasure!

The Only Difference Between Minor Surgery and Major Surgery Is When It Is Happening To Somebody Else!

Clayton2121
Newly Registered
Newly Registered
Great Britain

Post by Clayton2121 »

Hi there Dana, 

Thanks for your help in trying to resolve my mix-minus situation. 

After a days of of  taking your advice and looking at videos, I have finally found something that works.

As you correctly surmised the outputs of Aux 5&6 were key to resolving this as my signal was not going out properly. However what really helped was getting an iRig 2 Analog guitar interface for iOS and Mac and using that was really good. I think my orignal leads were ok  but theiRig made it much easier.

Here is a very good example from YouTube PODCAST with MIX-MINUS on the BEHRINGER FLOW 8 using Behringer’s Flow 8 Mixer where the X32 Rack would be. All the other settings were excellent and I am beginning to love my X32.

I have to admit it has given me a crash course in learning the X32 and feel much more confident in using the rack! 

Thanks again for your help and support which is greatly appreciated.

All  the best

Clayton